[redland-announce] configure gets it wrong for rasqal 0.9.26 ceil/round/trunc on some systems

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Wed Jun 29 23:28:32 CEST 2011

I noticed a problem with compiling rasqal just after the release

configure will fail to link in -lm when it is needed when you
are BOTH
a) on an OS where ceil/round/trunc are in libm (-lm) and not builtin
    (this seems to be Solaris but might be others, depends on compiler)
b) using --with-decimal=gmp OR --with-decimal=mpfr

I've made a fix commit for this in the GIT configure.ac:
https://github.com/dajobe/rasqal/commit/6d5682cf11d0f64403564c8f26c4d94f31bf2252

but you can easier patch the generated configure with with attached patch.
That's what I'm using for the debian packages.

I'm not sure if this justifies a new release but I'll think about it.

Dave