[redland] Redland News 2000-10-27

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Oct 27 16:45:51 BST 2000

I've just created a relatively stable web interface to Redland so you
can try out the parsing, querying and storage of RDF.  Have a go at:
  http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/demo/

Note, that the error/warning reporting from the parsers is pretty
non-existant at the moment, so if you get 0 statements returned from
a parse, something probably went wrong(!).  The command line tools can
be used to see it.

On the development side, I've fixed lots of very embarassing Perl
interface things, mostly caused by the attempts to keep the Perl
objects in sync with the Redland ones.  There are still some funny
things going on with the perl interface - like the core dumps
reported by Siggie - but they are very difficult to diagnose
remotely.

I should have a new release (0.9.6) out next week with the changes,
but in the mean time, you can browse stuff on the development tree of
the LXR archive at:
  http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/lxr/source/?v=devel

Volunteers wanted for other language interface help - such as python
where I have a pile of code I can give but not had time to finish it
and keep track with the changes to the C api.  You need to be able to
read C and perl and write Python.