[redland] ANNOUNCEMENT: Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 0.9.3

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Aug 21 16:37:53 BST 2001

		   Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 0.9.3
	     http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/raptor/

Raptor is an RDF parser toolkit for my Redland RDF application
framework (RDF Parser Toolkit for Redland - Raptor) and although
designed to integrate with it closely, works fine separate from
Redland.  It is free software / open source, has no memory leaks so
far and is pretty fast (32,000 statements-second on dmoz).

This version has major improvement over the earlier version and I
consider it beta quality - reliable but has some bugs.

Summary of changes:

   * Many bug fixes
   * Updates for Redland API changes
   * Now contains an N-Triples parser
   * rdf:parseType="Literal" works much better
   * DAML collections support added (thankst o Aaron Michal)
   * Win32 patch added (Aaron again - I can't confirm my merge didn't
     break this)
   * Name changed to Raptor

The release consists of the full sources, RPM binary and source RPM
packages for RedHat Linux 6.2.  These are also available from the
Redland SourceForge mirror site at
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/librdf/
The main web site also lets you browse the source in CVS and use
Raptor in various demos (as part of Redland).

WARNING: This is a work in progress, but mostly stable.  The APIs
still may change, it is not feature complete and it needs more
testing and conformance checking.  There are known bugs - see the web
site for the latest details.

I post updates about Redland and Raptor to the Yahoo! Groups list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redland/ and invite you to join if you
are interested.