[redland] Re: model vs. triple

Stefan Kokkelink skokkeli at mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Jun 1 12:39:51 BST 2001

Alberto Reggiori wrote:

> I would be interested instead to start a kind of collaborate effort (at
> least on the perl side) to implement something together and possibly
> using a more general and flexible model.

What about starting an egroup discussion about
the design of an RDF API? Someone interested
in setting this up?

> I am definitively open to
> suggestions and concrete proposals like your :-)

My first suggestion: a statement(triple) is no resource!
(A reified statement or a reification is a resource.)

This causes problems with a resource-centric
API! The RDF spec: There are sets called Resources,
Properties,Literals and Statements. It isn't
said that Statements is a subset of Resources.

Second suggestion: It should be a requirement for
an RDF API to support statement-centric *and*
node-centric methods.

Regards,
Stefan