[redland] multiple models?

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 08:39:40 GMT 2001

>>>Stefan Kokkelink said:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to store multiple models in
> one StorageBDB using the perl API?

No.  The redland architecture is that a Storage object abstracts the
storage of a Model.   The way to store multiple Models is to have
multiple Storage objects for them.

> I want to store RDF data from *many* different
> sources without using reification for each
> statement to preserve this information.
> I would like to query the complete
> data (the join of all the (sub)models) and each
> (sub)model on its own by the API methods.

I considered joins of Models and that is why I left a place in the
API of Model to add sub-Models and use those, without a single
Storage - however I never got round to implementing it.

Recently I've been thinking of apps that need (and doing the joins by
hand on some other apps) so it is likely to get implemented pretty
soon.