[redland] FOLLOW Link

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Sep 6 19:26:20 BST 2001

>>>abhinkar at yahoo.com said:
> Hi:
>
> I am using Raptor for parsing some RDF documents. I receive the
> statements correctly. I am curious to know if I need to develop
> relationship between the statements.. how do I do that? ...

Raptor is a library containing parsers for various RDF syntaxes.  It
reads XML (or other formats) and generates RDF statements.

> ... Basically I
> want to create the RDF model (the tree model) from statements? For
> clarification purpose of the problem here is what I want:

The RDF model is a graph or a set of statements.  Raptor only lets
you generate the statements, it does not deal with RDF models/graphs.

For that, you need Redland - which is an RDF model library, and you
can create the graphs, manipulate them, store them etc.  Raptor is
part of Redland and one of several supported parsers.

> If you go to
> http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/demo
> enter any RDF file. You get four columns statements as
> Subject, Predicate, Object, Follow
>
> I am curious to know how do I get hold of the 'Follow' link if I am
> using the C implementation of Raptor? How do I get hold of the
> next 'related' statement from one statement. I am not clear which API
> in the library - "libraptor.a" exposes that?

That is a Redland demonstration showing queries on RDF graphs/models.
The 'follow' link makes a further query on the graph for statements
that start from the object of the selected statement - you can see
this query in the statement form field.

> Is there a way to get hold of RDF Model in the C implementation or I
> have to create it with statements.
>
> I am working on Red Hat 7.1 and am using the latest version of raptor
> and only interested in the solution with C implementation.

use Redland - http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/

There are several full example programs written in C that you can
examine and do exactly what you want.