[redland] Announcement: Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 0.9.7

Dave Beckett Dave.Beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Dec 20 00:19:17 GMT 2002

I thought I'd ship another update before I get stuck in another
tricky bit of XML detail.  This version is looking good and the todo
list is getting smaller, so far.   Since the last version, Raptor has
been incorporated into the W3C's Amaya Editor/Browser as the RDF/XML
parser.  I keep a list of these applications at
  http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/using.html
so if you are using either and don't mind linking, let me know.

Cheers

		   Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 0.9.7
	     http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/raptor/

Raptor is a C RDF parser library that provides RDF/XML and N-Triples
parser delivering RDF triples.  It was designed to work closely with
the Redland RDF library (RDF Parser Toolkit for Redland - Raptor) but
is fully separate.  It is free software / Open Source, has no memory
leaks so far and is pretty fast.

This is a minor version update with portability updates and minor bug
fixes.  Raptor is a stable library, with some known bugs and missing
features.

Summary of changes:

  * Passes about 90% of RDF Core WG Test Cases
  * All memory leaks fixed
  * Portability fixes - compilers, scripts, auto* tools, libxml2 version
  * rdf:ID syntax and duplicates checked
  * rdf:bagID supported
  * Added more conformance tests, errors and warnings.

The release consists of the full sources, RPM binary and source RPM
packages for RedHat Linux 7.3.  These are also available from the
Redland SourceForge mirror site at
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/librdf/

The main web site lets you browse and check out the latest version of
the sources in CVS and use Raptor in various demos (as part of
Redland).