[redland] ANNOUNCEMENT: Redland RDF Application Framework 0.9.11

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Sat Jun 8 23:00:43 BST 2002

The last release was in Aug 2001 and it was about time I sent
something out to show there is still development.  I guess 0.9.10 was
working OK for me so I wasn't in a hurry - and the small matter of a
lot of RDF Core WG things, and my real job.

Actually now you can get updates and build via anon CVS, see
  http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/INSTALL.html
for details.  Note: you do have to check out both redland and
raptor to compile redland.

Enjoy

Dave

---
	       Redland RDF Application Framework 0.9.11
		http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/

Redland is a C library that provides a high-level interface for RDF
allowing the RDF graph to be parsed from XML, stored, queried and
manipulated.  Redland implements each of the RDF concepts in its
own class via an object based API, reflected into the other language
APIs - Perl, Python, Tcl, Java and Ruby.  Some of the
classes providing the parsers, storage mechanisms and other elements
are built as modules that can be added or removed as required.

Redland 0.9.11 has been released, the first update since 2001-08-28
and contains several new classes and features as well as bug fixes.

The main changes are:

 * Updated Python interface, now more Pythonic (requires 2.1+)

 * Updated Perl interface - **modules have been renamed**
   (Fix programs with the included perl/update-perl-api.pl script)

 * Added Ruby API

 * Added serialization to a syntax API, with N-Triples as the first syntax

 * Added start of query language API

 * Redland will now work as a perl CPAN module

 * Updated Java API

 * Update to Raptor version 0.9.5 (RDF/XML and N-Triples parser)

Other minor changes are:

 * Now uses libtool to build dynamic and static libraries
 * Multiple startup/shutdowns of entire library now works.

The release consists of the full sources, RPM binaries and SRPMS
packages for RedHat Linux 7.2.  It is also available from the
Redland SourceForge mirror site at http://sourceforge.net/projects/librdf/