[redland] How to Print RDF?

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Tue May 28 18:04:30 BST 2002

>>>bootyindustries said:
> Hello,
>
> I've been playing with the Redland toolkit, and so far it's been
> really nice.  I looked through the docs and saw a librdf_stream_print
> function, but couldn't see it implemented anywhere in the code.  I
> have a need to serialize the RDF model into XML to transmit over the
> wire.  Can Redland do this?  I'd like to avoid writing the wrapping
> XML tags if possible.

The above function is implemented as a method for the stream class,
however since it takes a C FILE* it was difficult to translate to the
other language interfaces (perl, python, tcl, ...).  I'd forgotten
that I hadn't done finished investigating doing that.

However, that method doesn't emit RDF/XML, just a format for
debugging.

Coincidently I was working on the Serializer class last night, but is
isn't yet finished.

So meanwhile, I'm afraid you'll have to hard code the RDF/XML output
till I get that done, sorry.