[redland] possible defect in rdf_serializer.c (0.9.12)

Seth Ladd seth at brivo.net
Tue Nov 19 09:33:00 GMT 2002

I sent this out once, but I never received it via the mailing list, so
please excuse this if it's a repost.

While playing with 0.9.12 (downloaded Saturday) I discovered what is
probably a small defect in rdf_serializer.c.

In librdf_get_serializer_factory, I believe a '!' needs to get added at
the check for uri_equals of the type->uri, near the bottom of the function.

It should read:

if(type_uri && factory->type_uri &&
    ! librdf_uri_equals(factory->type_uri, type_uri)) {
   continue;
}

Once I added this, example4 started to work w/ the included ntriples
serializer.  Due to debug statements I added in, the code was previously
saying "if the uri of the factory matches the given uri, don't
acknowledge it".

I hope this helps!

Thanks for a wonderful and extremely helpful library,
Seth