[redland] Digest Number 85 : raptor parser utility name 'rdfdump' clashes with RDOFF Dump utility

James Michael DuPont mdupont777 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 12 11:45:25 GMT 2003

--- redland at yahoogroups.com wrote:
> Message: 1
>    Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:14:11 -0500
>    From: Dan Brickley <danbri at w3.org>
> Subject: raptor parser utility name 'rdfdump' clashes with RDOFF Dump
> utility
>

> ...not a huge problem since Raptor installs 'rdfdump' in
> /usr/local/bin/
> but perhaps a bit confusing?
>
> On my Debian system, I have this thing installed (don't know how
> useful/widespread):
>
> [[
> danbri at fireball:~/tmp/raptor-0.9.7$ /usr/bin/rdfdump
> RDOFF Dump utility v2.1
> (c) Copyright 1996,99,2000 Julian R Hall, Yuri M Zaporogets
> Usage: rdfdump [-v] <filename>
> ]]
>
> Just thought worth mentioning...
>
> Dan
>

> ps. has anyone had a go at Debian-packaging Redland/Raptor?

There was a basic packaging that was written that needed some work
iirc.

I have tried some of that. I have gotten a package built and also
separated out the perl into a new package. I must have posted the debs
to introspector.sf.net/debian/incoming

But it was not done %100... I think dajobe had some comments.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/