[redland-dev] Cannot make in cygwing

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 01:27:07 BST 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 ana at nsc.sony.co.jp wrote:
> I am trying to install Redland 0.9.12 in cygwin 1.3.22-1 with no success.
>
> If I do "./configure --prefix=/usr", I do not get any errors or warnings
> but "make" returns the errors below.

>From my reading, it s a problem with the repat RDF parser trying
to use expat - which isn't present.  You can disable this by using
the configure option --enable-parsers=raptor that should let
the compile continue.  I think this is described in the INSTALL.tml
in the distribution.

> If I try "./autogen.sh" directly, I only get warnings about AC_TRY_RUN
> but "make" complains about a missing operator in Makefile.

The warnings are common - I never managed to stop automake warning
after several years of trying.  I don't know about the make error.

> I would appreciate your help!

Hopefully the first suggestion should work.