[redland-dev] Redland and Raptor Update

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 20:13:39 GMT 2003

I've been doing some configuration changes - now both use require
very new automake (1.6+, 1.7 recommended) and autoconf (2.54+)
*if you build from CVS*.  If you use either the nightly snapshots or
releases, you don't need to worry.

There were a few bugs in the datatypes code and missing calls in the
higher level language APIs that I fixed and need to get out, that
should mean a new release soon (i.e. no new features will be added
before next release)

I've also deleted the ancient expat source code tree that was in
Redland (last updated 2000).  If you want to use expat, you'll have
to install it.

On the Raptor side, the same auto* changes plus i've merged in some
win32 patches I got from various people in public and private.
Thanks for those.

I hope to release the above

Finally, after years of nearly getting round to it, I've make the
source code for the Redland demos fully available - the RDF database,
RSS 1.0 validator, N-Triples validator and the old parser test demo.

These are all written in Perl (but I intend to do the next ones in a
different language so I'm confident the APIs are solid).

This required some cleanups for removing ILRT HTML style and private
configuration, but now I've got that done so each of the demos now
links to it's source code in the Redland demos CVS area and the demo
sources are shipped with the Redland distributions. These are still
running with the 0.9.11 API so I still need to update them for the
stream/iterator changes.

If you want the news as it happens, the CVS commits list is live, or
you can check the CVSweb, look at the ChangeLog online or just grab a
nightly snapshot.  All of this is linked from the sidebar on
http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/