[redland-dev] redland + dmalloc?

Seth Ladd seth at brivo.net
Fri Mar 21 11:50:35 GMT 2003

Hello,

Before I go off on a search, I was wondering if there is something
special I need to do to get redland and dmalloc to play nicely.  I just
linked in dmallocth and dmallocthcxx into my app, which also uses
redland.  Once I start to call redland, though, redland's internal
memory checking kicks in and claims that it is out of memory.  Specifically:

[root at disheveled .libs]# ./state testmode
XXX - running in testmode
[ 5400][       state.cpp,2238][2003/03/21 11:47:18.241 EST] : Thread was
created
debug-malloc library: dumping program, fatal error
    Error: malloc library has gone recursive (err 11)
malloc of 18 byte failed
raptor_parser_error_varargs: Out of memory
raptor_parser_error_varargs: Out of memory
Aborted

I'm not out of memory, so my initial thought is that redland's memory
management isn't playing nicely with dmalloc.

I'll continue to research, but wondered if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks very much,
Seth