[redland-dev] Model aggregation

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 18:56:15 GMT 2003

>>>Carlos Guerreiro said:
> Hi,
>
> Model aggregation is mentioned in the paper 'The Design and
> Implementation of the Redland RDF Application Framework'. The source
> code contains what appear to be initial steps toward an implementation.
> Are there any plans for implementing this feature or was the idea
> dropped? I couldn't find any reference to it in the To Do list.

It was one of the few things that I added to the API before
implementing it - which I've avoided since as a bad idea.

The general plan I had was to create other model implementations
rather than those only mapped 1-to-1 on a storage.  In particular I
wanted to allow static models, layered models and those aggregated
from sub-models.

I haven't prioritised this so far as something needed in the near
future for my applications but I don't rule out.  If you have a
specific use-case for this feature, that always helps my planning and
encourages me :)

Cheers