[redland-dev] make check failed on cygwin

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 02:09:45 GMT 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Kentaro Ishitoya wrote:
> Hi.
> This is Kentaro Ishitoya.

hello

> It through configure, make, make install.
> But when I'd typed "make check" it said
>   1 of 16 tests failed
>
> Any helps are would be appreciated.
>
> ----
> The fail part is
>
> ./rdf_model_test: Creating storage
> ./rdf_model_test: Creating model
> ./rdf_model_test: Printing model
> [[
>   {[http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/people/cmdjb/],
> [http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
> creator], "Dave Beckett"}
> ]]
> ./rdf_model_test: Adding content from http://example.org/test1.rdf into
> statemen
> t context
> ./rdf_model_test: Printing model
> [[
>   {[http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/people/cmdjb/],
> [http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
> creator], "Dave Beckett"}
>   {[http://purl.org/net/dajobe/],
> [http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/description],
>  "The generic home page of Dave Beckett."} with context
> [http://example.org/test
> 1.rdf]
>   {[http://purl.org/net/dajobe/], [http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/creator],
> "Da
> ve Beckett"} with context [http://example.org/test1.rdf]
>   {[http://purl.org/net/dajobe/], [http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title],
> "Dave
>  Beckett's Home Page"} with context [http://example.org/test1.rdf]
> ]]
> ./rdf_model_test: Adding content from http://example.org/test2.rdf into
> statemen
> t context
> FAIL: rdf_model_test
> ----

Guessing, this is because that test uses a hashed indexed store
using BerkeleyDB.  From the info below, it looks like you
might not have that installed.

It is rather hard to write a test suite over a generic storage
layer without depending on one of them actually existing :)

So the summary is here: probably you can ignore this.

> ----
> I've make Redland like this
>
> 1,./configure --with-php=php --with-java=java --with-mysql=/cygdrive/c/mysql
> /scripts/mysql_config
> 2,Remove -lresolv/-lnsl/-lnss_dns/-lnss_files linker option.

I wonder what added that?

> 3,Make mysql on cygwin from windows source code, and put the libralys into
> /lib/.
> 4,make
> 5,Get iconv.dll and intl.dll for windows from
> http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/
> 6,make install
> 7,make check

It'd be interesting if, despite that failure, the rest works.

You can always do 'make -k check' to skip errors
or 'cd java; make check' for the java ones
and similar for the PHP.

I've no idea if cygwin is happy to do this without
the shared libraries (DLLs) being installed.  But I do
recall it working for the C tests on their own.  I've
not tried building the language interfaces much on cygwin
since I don't use it.