[redland-dev] build problems

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 08:01:54 GMT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:29:17 -0800
John Edstrom <edstrom at teleport.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build redland 1.2 ...

you mean raptor 1.2.0 ?

> ...and configure keeps dieing with the
> excuse that flex is too old.  I'm using 2.5.31, which as new as I can
> find.  I see the comment in the turtle lexer about 2.5.31 being
> broken.  I can't get it done with 2.5.27 either.
>
> Which is the last working version of flex and/or which patch do I need
> to apply to flex and where can it be found?

2.5.31 is the version to use and the latest version on
lex.sourceforge.net.  That comment in the code might be wrong, it's
refering to the %option nounistd not working.  It seems to be OK with
the version I have on redhat so it might be incorrect.

I don't think it's critical, it just includes unistd.h on non-unix
platforms where it might not exist.

There must be a bug in configure checking the flex version.  If you send
me the output of configure (what it prints as well as config.log), I'll
try to work out why.

In the meanwhile, you'll have to edit the raptor configure and delete
the checking code.