[redland-dev] Adding date/time datatypes to Rasqal

René Puls kianga at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 18:14:32 BST 2004

Hi,

would it be possible to add support for date and times to Rasqal? I
would like to do queries like the following:

SELECT ?subject ?created
WHERE (?subject dc:created ?date)
AND date > "2004-07-08T16:15:10Z"^^xsd:dateTime
USING dc FOR <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>

(I'm not sure if that would be the right syntax, but you get the idea.)

I would be willing to help, if I can get some directions where to
start. My guess is that I need to add a new literal datatype
RASQAL_LITERAL_DATETIME, but I'm not sure where I need to hook it up
aside from the rasqal_literal_compare() function. Or would it be
easier to just convert dates to simple timestamps (in seconds) and
compare them as integers?

René