Raptor 1.3.2 on OSX 10.3.4 failure (Re: [redland-dev] ANNOUNCEMENT: Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 1.3.2)

Adam Witney awitney at sghms.ac.uk
Wed Jul 21 19:19:50 BST 2004

If its any help, I just tested it and make check all passed on my 10.3.4
machine

Although this appeared in the middle of it...

Checking bad-15.rdf FAILED - parsing succeeded but should have failed (NFC
test)
<http://example.org/node0> <http://example.org/ns/blah> "u\u0308" .
Checking bad-16.rdf FAILED - parsing succeeded but should have failed (NFC
test)
<http://example.org/node0> <http://example.org/ns/blah> "u\u0308" .
Checking bad-17.rdf FAILED - parsing succeeded but should have failed (NFC
test)
<http://example.org/node0> <http://example.org/ns/blah>
"u\u0308"^^<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral> .

adam

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:02:27 -0700
> Greg Schueler <greg at vario.us> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am able to compile raptor on Mac OS X 10.3
>> (apple-darwin-powerpc7.4.0), yet I have this problem when running
>> 'make check' for the latest version of raptor:

>> Checking ex-52.svg FAILED
>> 1,2d0
>> < <http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/raptor/tests/ex-52.rdf>
>> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title> "Simple Example" .
>> < <http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/raptor/tests/ex-52.rdf>
>> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/date> "2002-10-05" .
>> make[3]: *** [check-scan-rdf] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
>> make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>>
>> i had the same problem with an earlier version and figured it was just
>>
>> a problem building on macOS, however the raptor 1.3.2 announcement
>> says that it should work
>>

>>>     powerpc-apple-darwin7.4.0   - Apple OSX 10.3.4 on PowerPC
>
> Yes, I tested that myself this morning with the release tarball
> (against OSX with fink).  I've not got access to that machine at the
> moment, it'd have to be tomorrow earliest.
>
>> If I remove the check-scan-rdf test, then later on there are a number
>> of other test failures as well.
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this under mac os X, or if my
>> build has somehow gone awry.
>
> A wild guess is that the installed version is somehow getting mixed
> up with the version you are building (shared libraries, dylibs, bundles,
> frameworks) and giving odd results.
>
> Can't think of anything else at the moment.
>
> Dave

believed to be clean.