[redland-dev] Building Redland on OS X

Alf Eaton a at pmbrowser.info
Mon Jun 21 17:19:07 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to build Redland 0.9.16 on Mac OS X (with Raptor-1.3.1
already installed), but it fails with this error:

ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the
-multi_module option
/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_error.o) definition of common
_errbuff (size 512)
make[2]: *** [librdf.la] Error 1

and if I run make a second time:

ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the
-multi_module option
/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_error.o) definition of common
_errbuff (size 512)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [librdf.la] Error 1

What I don't understand is why it's using the system's /usr/bin/libtool
there rather than GNU libtool, which is in /usr/local/bin/libtool.

Have you seen this before, or know of a solution?

Thanks,
Alf.