[redland-dev] Building Redland 0.9.17 on WinXP w/full Cygwin install

Jasper van de Gronde th.v.d.gronde at hccnet.nl
Tue May 25 10:24:58 BST 2004

Dave Beckett wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2004, Jasper van de Gronde wrote:
>>    * raptor.h: Added #ifdef RAPTOR_STATIC so I can compile a static
>>library on Win32 (if RAPTOR_STATIC is defined I let it define RAPTOR_API
>>as nothing).
>
> Yould you send me more details on this so I can merge this change?

It now looks like this on my system:
#ifdef WIN32
#  ifdef RAPTOR_STATIC
#    define RAPTOR_API
#  else
#    ifdef RAPTOR_INTERNAL
#      define RAPTOR_API _declspec(dllexport)
#    else
#      define RAPTOR_API _declspec(dllimport)
#    endif
#  endif
#else
#  define RAPTOR_API
#endif
I just needed this because I wanted to link statically to Raptor.

>>    * raptor_general.c: Added a const to the first parameter of
>>raptor_print_statement.
>
> Hmm?  It already has that:
> raptor_print_statement(const raptor_statement * statement, FILE *stream)

Yes, but in the header it says:
raptor_print_statement(const raptor_statement const * statement, FILE
*stream)
It only generated a warning.

> <snip/>
>
> Actually I noticed these lines in win32_config.h :
>
> /* for access() which is POSIX but doesn't seem to have the defines in VC */
> #ifndef R_OK
> #define R_OK 4
> #endif
>
> so maybe can they be removed if io.h is included?  Jose/others verify?

No, I tried and for some reason MSVC doesn't seem to have these defines,
even the help simply uses the numerical values (from the docs):
mode Value Checks File For
00 Existence only
02  Write permission
04 Read permission