[redland-dev] Documentation on Implementing a Model-wrapper for an RDBMS in Perl?

Jan Algermissen jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Fri Oct 22 16:47:34 BST 2004

Hi,

I am using the Perl binding of redland and have to create my own
model wrapper to a particular MySQL database.

Is there any documentation about how to do this?

So far I think I simply have to subclass the Perl classes
that Model uses and that do not provide public constructors
(e.g Stream) and Model itself of course.

I read that some of the Model methods are optional; is there
any documentation which those are?

BTW: Kudos to Dave for the overall design, it is exactly the
flexibility that is needed for bringing together diverse data
sources.

Thanks for any help,

Jan