[redland-dev] Bindings problem with custom python interp on OSX

Sébastien Pierre sebastien-lists at type-z.org
Mon Sep 13 11:29:11 BST 2004

Le 10 sept. 04, à 17:33, Dave Beckett a écrit :
I need a solution that works for both since I can't assume people are
> using fink or fink's python.  So how do you suggest I write a test
> that gets the arguments correct for these?

In fact, I'm not sure that you need the "-framework Python" to compile
the python module.

> There are multiple cases of the snippet you gave above
> (...)
> in the bindings Makefile.am/Makefiles.
>
> I'd rather not have OSX & fink, else OSX alone else ...
>
> It could be promoted to a configure test or option if that makes more
> sense.  If so, I'd need some help in forming the test.

I would advice to add a --framework configure option that enables
compilation with the Python OSX framework -- strictly speaking Darwin
(Unix layer of OSX) does not have the notion of framework. People who
are going to compile Redland-bindings with Python on OSX are more
likely to use the non-framework version of Python.

Actually, I don't know either how to identify that the installed
version of python has a framework or not.

>> The easiest solution for me is to create a patch and
>> replace this line in the Fink package, but you might also
>> want to take care of this particular case, as some other
>> python module do.
>
> That seems a good solution for now, pending some proper
> fix.

I will go with this :)

Cheers,

  -- Sébastien

--
«Priorities are meaningless in a fair context, where threads
always have equal rights to execute.»