[redland-dev] Announcement: Redland-ObjC Bindings

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 15:19:25 BST 2004

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:06:20 +0200
René Puls <rpuls+lists at kcore.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is the first official release of my Cocoa/Objective-C bindings
> for Redland. These bindings make it very easy to write RDF
> applications on Mac OS X using Cocoa.

That's great!

> System Requirements:
>
> - Mac OS X 10.3.5 (might run on earlier 10.3 versions, but I can't
> test this)
> - If you want to compile the framework yourself, Redland, Berkeley DB,
>
> and PCRE libraries must be already installed. You can always use the
> precompiled framework, which is statically linked against these
> libraries. The source code project was created using Xcode 1.5.
>
> Project Page (very minimal):
>
> <http://kianga.kcore.de/latest/redland-objc>

It would be great if the license matched Redland - currently LGPL/MPL;
soon to be LGPL/Apache 2 otherwise patches cannot be applied to the main
libraries, and it cannot be shipped with redland-bindings.

> Release Notes:
>
> <http://kianga.kcore.de/2004/redland-objc/release_notes>
>
> I am not yet sure how to integrate an Xcode project into an
> autoconf-style package like redland-bindings, so I decided to release
> it as a separate project for now.

I haven't got any good answers to that at this time.   Best run as a
separate packaging effort with any patches folded back?  At least for
now.

Cheers