[redland-dev] Transactions

Darrin Thompson darrint at progeny.com
Fri Apr 15 16:27:05 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 12:27 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> Not at present.  I've suggested a design a few times but there
> wasn't a lot of feedback...

Looks pretty good.

The way you exposed the raw handle looked a little odd to me, so I
compared it to the Hibernate API. (the epitome of ?->R mapping
perfection of course.) Looking at their design, it might be reasonable
to assume that the user always has to retrieve the transaction handle
and then pass it to commit, abort, and rollback.

However, my only use of transactions would be yet another workaround for
the lack of "aggregate" models.

I'd link to the irc conversation about aggregate or "super" models but I
don't see a log anywhere.

--
Darrin