[redland-dev] querying using ruby bindings

Eyal Oren eyal.oren at deri.org
Fri Aug 5 12:37:48 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to query a model using the ruby bindings. I think there might be
some errors in the bindings, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

First of all, I get an error in the constructor of Redland::Query
(query.rb). I think the bindings make an incorrect call to
Redland.librdf_new_query: I get an error message saying that that method
should be invoked with 5 instead of 4 parameters.

So I 'fixed' that by calling Redland.librdf_new_query with 5 parameters
(passing nil for the base URI). Now I get this error message when executing
the query on the model: "[http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#RDF]
is not a class/module (TypeError)"

I don't know what this means. I'm not sure whether I should pass something
as baseURI, and actually I was wondering whether the ruby bindings really
work for querying (since I also couldn't find any tests related to queries,
and the ruby API is quite unclear on how to access the query results).

Any help or answer would be great...
Eyal