[redland-dev] TypeError exceptions on destroy in Python API

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Aug 26 04:02:11 BST 2005

hello,

Every single time i interact with Redland via the python API, i see
this error when the process ends, or one like it:

 Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in
 <bound method World.__del__ of <RDF.World object at 0xf6cbbb0c>>
 ignored

This is from the version of python2.3-librdf that is in Debian
testing.

I have got used to tuning this out / grepping it from apache error
logs etc, but i'd dearly love to get rid of it, especially as it makes
users think something has gone wrong and i have to mention it in docs.

My python-fu is not of the deepest. Can i get rid of this by overriding
the moral equivalent of perl's DESTROY method somewhere in my own
application code? or do i have to jigger about with RDF.py itself,
and thereby make my fix less redistributable?

any advice would be very much appreciated.

zx