[redland-dev] querying using ruby+sparql

Eyal Oren eyal.oren at deri.org
Tue Aug 30 10:42:35 BST 2005

Hi,

I've got two questions:

I'm using the cvs version of redland and ruby-bindings. When I'm querying
(SPARQL) using roqet or ruby-bindings the 'distinct' keyword seems to be
ignored. When I'm querying on librdf.org/query 'distinct' seems to
respected though. Am I noticing this correctly, and is librdf.org/query
maybe using a newer version of redland?

Performance-wise, it is better to query using SPARQL or using the model
API? I guess this depends on the query, but for example if I just retrieve
the set of outgoing predicates from a subject?  (I wanted to benchmark
this, but since the 'distinct' doesn't work, the comparison is not really
fair).

Eyal Oren