[redland-dev] How to keep up to date?

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 09:12:10 GMT 2005

Hi Dave, folks,

I finally got my installs of Redland running ok* (the problems I was
having were due to old libs hanging around, and general
Linux-newbiness - note below). But I would like to keep current with
the latest versions, particularly for the SPARQL bits. Any suggestions
for the best way to go about this? (I'm more interested in having an
unstable/dev setup than stable/live).

* then promptly broke the motherboard while adding hardware to the
local machine, bah!

Cheers,
Danny.

Here's the cleanup/install (I think) I did:
    * In both the redland & bindings source directories make uninstall
    * deleted both source directories (yes indeed!)
    * updatedb
    * locate librdf.so
    * manually deleted librdf.so.*
    * replaced source directories
    * (in redland-1.0.0) ./configure --with-bdb=/usr --with-mysql
    * make clean, make, make install
    * (in redland-1.0.0) ./configure --with-python --with-perl --with-php
    * make clean, make, make install
    * ln -s /usr/local/lib/librdf.so.0 /usr/lib/librdf.so.0
    * updatedb

--

http://dannyayers.com