[redland-dev] version automake/autoconf

Harrie Hazewinkel harrie at asemantics.com
Sun Jan 9 09:29:31 PST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to add/fix something in the configure.ac file,
but it seems to have some unrelated errors.

configure.ac:34: error: Autoconf version 2.58 or higher is required
aclocal.m4:6483: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded from...
configure.ac:34: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
configure.ac: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
automake: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
automake: with aclocal and run automake again.
automake: no `Makefile.am' found or specified

So I need to use 259 for autoconf I guess:
configure.ac:108: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
       See the Autoconf documentation.
That does not solve it, while I believe AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
should be AC_PROG_LIBTOOL I get other errors.

Therefore, I would like to know with which automake and autoconf
versions arr suggested to use.

Thanks by advance,
Harrie