[redland-dev] Trouble building Redland under OS X 10.3.7

Jonathan Smith conchis at mac.com
Sat Jan 29 09:11:20 PST 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to build Redland under Max OS X 10.3.7 with libxml and
other tools provided by darwinports.  I've managed to get beyond a
number of glitches, but end up with the following while compiling
Raptor:

(cd .libs && rm -f libraptor.1 && ln -s libraptor.1.1.0 libraptor.1)
(cd .libs && rm -f libraptor && ln -s libraptor.1.1.0 libraptor)
ar cru .libs/libraptor.a  raptor_parse.o raptor_serialize.o
raptor_rfc2396.o raptor_uri.o raptor_locator.o raptor_namespace.o
raptor_qname.o raptor_general.o raptor_utf8.o raptor_www.o
raptor_identifier.o raptor_sequence.o raptor_stringbuffer.o
raptor_iostream.o raptor_rdfxml.o raptor_xml.o raptor_xml_writer.o
raptor_sax2.o raptor_set.o raptor_libxml.o raptor_nfc_data.o
raptor_nfc.o strcasecmp.o raptor_www_libxml.o~ranlib .libs/libraptor.a
ar: raptor_www_libxml.o~ranlib: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [libraptor.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks as if some part of the build process has jammed together two
commands and ranlib should be invoked on a separate line. Any ideas?
Has anyone successfully built the software on OS X?

Thanks Much,

Jonathan