[redland-dev] Segmentation Fault - Using Raptor

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 14:02:18 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 08:51 -0400, Vinay Solanki wrote:
> Thank you very much Dave.
>
> Well I successfully parsed the RDF document using the Raptor parser. I
> need to proceed and write other handler function etc.
>
>  I know that RDF parser are used for parsing RDF document into RDF/XML
> triples and then combine them to statements and add thos statements into
> Model.

Yes

>  But could explain me what RDF Serialization is used for, why it is
> required to serialize an RDF ?

In raptor/redland terms:

RDF parsing is the transformation
  FROM a concrete syntax TO RDF triples

raptor's parsing syntaxes are rdfxml, turtle, ntriples, rss-tag-soup,
grddl

RDF serializing is the transformation
  FROM RDF triples TO a concrete syntax

raptor's serializing syntaxes are rdfxml, ntriples, rss-1.0

These lists are given with
$ rapper -h