[redland-dev] Raptor RDF Serialization

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 14:28:16 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 09:12 -0400, Vinay Solanki wrote:
> Dear Dave,
>
>  Like we have synopsis example in the documentation to use the Raptor
> parsing features, can you provide me with an example code to use the RDF
> serializer.

See the source of rdfdump.c (rapper)

>  So is it that for RDF Serialization we need to input the Triples from a
> stored file on the machine or what ?

The source of the triples is up to you to provide.  rapper does both
parsing and serializing so there is no data store or requirement for a
file.

>  Does Raptor support Containers such as Bag, Alt, Seq , elements like
> rdf:li etc?

Those are just RDF/XML syntax terms and of course as a fully compliant
RDF/XML parser it handles reading those.  Or do you mean serializing,
writing them?  The rdfxml-abbrev serializer emits them in a prettier
form, if that's what you mean.  This is trival to try out.  Pick any
example in the RDF/XML spec section 2
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-syntax-grammar-20040210/

and do: rapper -i rdfxml -o rdfxml-abbrev  URL