[redland-dev] Serializer namespace issues

Kieron Taylor krt1 at soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 15:16:30 BST 2005

Danny Ayers wrote:
> On 7/20/05, Kieron Taylor <krt1 at soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>I am finding that the RDF I parse is being mangled somewhat when I
>>change and serialize it again.
>

> Do you please have a sample of the material that's getting mangled?

This is a potted version of what the rdfxml serializer produced:

<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
  <rdf:Description rdf:nodeID="r1120484797r341954">
   <ns0:type xmlns:ns0="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#"
rdf:resource="chemschema.rdfs#Calculated"/>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

In the program I asked it to add a triple of the form:

<bnode> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#type>
<http://green.chem.soton.ac.uk/rdf/chemschema.rdfs#Calculated>

Predicates maintain their namespaces correctly, but resources do not. In
this case http://green.chem.soton.ac.uk/rdf/ has been cut off and not
re-inserted in the ns0="http:...." form.

RE: Dave's mention of RDFXML-abbrev, I didn't even know that existed. Is
it any good or mega-beta?

Kieron