[redland-dev] combining models/inference support

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 26 16:01:34 BST 2005

I have just started creating an interface from R (www.r-project.org) to
librdf.

1) I do not see a high-level function for combining RDF models, analogous
to the Jena add method.  Am I missing something, or must one write
a combination function explicitly?  If the latter, is it necessary
to check for the existence of the statement to be added in the model
to which it will be added?

2) Are there any mechanisms for computing entailments of RDF models
in redland, or plans to introduce such mechanisms?  I would be interested
to know of C/C++ resources that can do this.  For OWL inference it
would seem that FaCT++ would be useful, but I am not clear on how
FaCT++ resources can be used as a standalone library in conjunction
with redland.  Any experiences with this combination?

Thanks for any advice.

---
Vincent Carey
Channing Laboratory - ph 6175252265 fa 6177311541
181 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115 USA
stvjc at channing.harvard.edu