[redland-dev] redland on .NET

John C Barstow jbowtie at amathaine.com
Thu Jul 28 23:31:39 BST 2005

> Hello.
> I'm trying to use redland in .net (managed c++ or c#), I downloaded
> the .net dll apis from the page. When I try to add the dlls as
> references, all files but Redland.NET.dll aren't recognized, so I just
> have some classes but lack most of the functions (ex: librdf).
> Does someone has some ideas on how to use these APIs in .NET over winXP?

Hi, Pablo.

The Redland.NET.dll is the only managed assembly; it calls into the
other ones (which it is wrapping with a C# binding).
So, you only need to add a reference to the Redland.NET.dll.

There are several C# examples in the redland-bindings source code and
some documentation of the classes is available on the redland website.

Briefly, the Redland.Model class is used to add/remove/enumerate
statements (Redland.Statement); the Redland.Parser class handles input
while Redland.Serializer handles output. And of course Redland.Query is
used to query the model. Finally, Redland.Storage provides the backing
store.

The C# bindings probably need updating at some point as they are not
generated by SWIG like the other bindings are.

--
John C Barstow