[redland-dev] Mystery Parser Failure - solved

Kieron Taylor krt1 at soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 11:46:38 BST 2005

> I cannot duplicate it.  I made a simple program k.pl (attached) that
> reads your data file, called k.rdf and it works just fine.  Using
> either the redland 1.0.0 debs or redland 1.0.1 rpms.
>

> Dave

Thanks very much for this. It turned out to be a couple of tiny errors
in my code that were very hard to track down. The first was a lurking }
at the end of a script that was causing a scoping disaster and slipping
past the syntax checker, and the second was a typo in a variable name.

If I could have one wish, it would be that the Redland error messages
are associated with the line that called them in the parent program, but
I suspect this would be impossible what with all the different languages
involved. Thanks to everyone who however indirectly helped me track this
down.

Kieron