[redland-dev] order by on dates

Gregory Williams greg at evilfunhouse.com
Mon Jun 6 21:57:17 BST 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> Looking at the spec and the latest Rasqal release notes, I get the
> impression I should be able to get results in reverse-chrono order
> doing a SELECT with ORDER BY DESC[?date],
> where date is a literal, (W3CDTF or whatever they're called nowadays).
> Only it doesn't seem to be working for me. Very likely I'm missing
> something obvious ;-)

I'm pretty sure the latest rasqal supports the grammar for sorting,
but the internals don't do anything with that information.

http://librdf.org/rasqal/RELEASE.html says:

> (Note: the query engine does not support sorting amongst other
> recently added SPARQL features)

.g

--
"As it stands now, watching television characteristically elicits a
  feeling that what is being seen must be meant as some kind of absurd