[redland-dev] Proxy Settings for Raptor...

Richard Newman r.newman at reading.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 17:47:23 BST 2005

On 14 Jun 2005, at 17:14, Dave Beckett wrote:
> Raptor relies on other libraries to do fetching of URIs.  I think
> both curl and libxml respect the standard system environment
> variables HTTP_PROXY and FTP_PROXY.  I've no idea what you
> use for SOCKS, maybe try those first.  You shouldn't need to change
> that code.

Indeed it does (though on my system the variables are lowercase):

export http_proxy=http://proxy:port
# then execute your commands.

If your proxy requires authentication, and you don't like having
passwords in your environment, AND you're using a Mac, I'd recommend
Authoxy. It's a system daemon that runs as a proxy for your proxy,
handling the authentication for you. Google it.

-R