[redland-dev] Re: Win32 filenames?

John C Barstow jbowtie at amathaine.com
Wed Jun 29 07:23:43 BST 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 10:32 -0700, Boris Popov wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've been trying to get the parser to read files by providing librdf_uri
> created via librdf_new_uri_from_filename() to no avail so far. In fact,
> any filename-uri I attempted to create would answer '1' when asked
> librdf_uri_is_file_uri() which means it couldn't even find a file I
> assume? This is all on win32 binaries of course. So my question is, how
> do I go about reading from files on win32? Am I missing something
> simple? Does anyone have it working? I tried various combinations I
> could find in the source, such as
>
> c:\test.rdf
> c:/test.rdf
> file://c:/test.rdf
> file:///c:\test.rdf
> file://c|test.rdf
> etc etc
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -Boris

There seem to be issues with the URI parser on Windows. All the unit
tests passed when I patched it (there's an unexplained +1 at the start
of the Win32 logic) but obviously there is still a problem. For the
record, it is running on my machine.

I'll attempt to run the test suites on another machine; maybe there
something anomalous with regard to my build machine. In the meantime,
the following information would be useful:

1) The version of Windows you are running.
2) Which binaries you are using - there are now several versions.
3) Can you try using a relative path? Or an absolute path that doesn't
specify the drive?

That should be enough information for me to diagnose the problem. In the
meantime I'll go off and install across a few machines to see if I can
reproduce it on my own.

John C Barstow