[redland-dev] Compiling Redland-Bindings snapshot

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 17:09:19 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 08:54 -0800, chris at prather.org wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Last night I went about building some Gentoo ebuilds to build Redland from
> the snapshots directory. I basically just fudged the current gentoo
> ebuilds to point to the right source URL, my ebuilds are available online
> if people are interested.
>
> But while doing so I encountered a problem with redland-bindings
> configure.ac file. I'm not a C programmer, no do I play one on TV. However
> I manage to figure out that the problem lies in redland being version
> 1.0.1 and bindings being 1.0.0.3 and configure.ac (I think) checks to make
> sure the version numbers match.
>
> Should these two versions be installed together?

Redland Bindings versions are named as redland versions + 1 digit
so bindings 1.0.0.3 (not released yet) is the 3rd version for redland
1.0.0

So CVS redland-bindings (1.0.0.3) won't work against CVS redland (1.0.1)
but will against released redland 1.0.0.  Or you can just edit the
configure.ac to match if you want to play around - should work now as
redland CVS hasn't drifted too far from 1.0.0.

There should be branches for released/devel redland's but I'm putting
that off at present (maybe till I switch to subversion).  Busy busy.