[redland-dev] Win32 - patch 2 of 3

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Thu May 19 11:40:14 BST 2005

On Tue, 03 May 2005 20:24:01 +1200, John C Barstow <jbowtie at amathaine.com> wrote:

> This second patch consists of the VS.NET 2003 solution and project files
> used to successfully compile the redland libraries on Windows.
>
> I've attached them as a ZIP file. The dependencies are:
>
> libcurl - as shipped
>
> DLLs from xmlsoft.org
> libxml2 - prebuilt Windows binaries.
> iconv - prebuilt Windows binaries.
> zlib - prebuilt Windows binaries.
>
> With these project files, patch 1, and the required DLLs, you should be
> also be able to successfully compile Redland on Windows.
>
> The upcoming patch three will allow building of the Python bindings.

I've merged the project files into CVS and added a few sketchy README notes
warning about the use of the external libraries, absolute paths to C:\...\curl-1.234
etc.  (Should I remove the .dsp and .dsw files others have provided?)

Wondering if this is useful to keep in CVS with the main archive.  Maybe it'd
be more natural to provide separate as a build configuration patch for win32?