[redland-dev] OSX: problems compiling bindings

bolk bolk.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 23 22:37:09 BST 2005

On 5/23/05, Dave Beckett <dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> Should be fixed now in CVS, and in about 12 hours, in the nightly
> snapshot.  I've been adding the digest and hash classes to the public
> API and at the point you grabbed it, it wasn't finished.

Alright, I see.
I have checked out the current version from CVS, and this time it
fails linking :(

I am configuring with just python; somehow, even though I configured
using --prefix=/usr (as well as when compiling redland) and have
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib, the linker seeks rasqal and raptor and in
/usr/local/lib:

ld: warning can't open dynamic library:
/usr/local/lib/librasqal.0.dylib (checking for undefined symbols may
be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
ld: warning can't open dynamic library:
/usr/local/lib/libraptor.1.dylib (checking for undefined symbols may
be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
ld: Undefined symbols:
_raptor_locator_byte
[...]

when I symlink them from /usr/lib, the linker fails with this error:

[...]
gcc -Wall -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -Wredundant-decls -g   -I/sw/include/db4  -Wall
-Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -
Wredundant-decls -g    -Wl,-F. -Wl,-F. -bundle -framework Python
Redland_wrap.so `redland-config --libs` -o Redland.so
ld: Redland_wrap.so illegal reference to symbol: _raptor_locator_byte
defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library
/usr/local/lib/libraptor.1.dylib

Following the thread [1] and adding *both* -`rasqal-config --libs`
-`raptor-config --libs` everything seems to work, as it both compiles
and check.

redland-config still does not include -lraptor here:
swing:~ albert$ redland-config --libs
-L/usr/lib -lrdf -L/sw/lib -ldb-4.2 -lcrypto

Tchuss,
Alberto.

[1] http://lists.usefulinc.com/pipermail/redland-dev/2005-February/000796.html