[redland-dev] Problem with Ruby RDF-Redland - node.rb:56:in 'node_from_hash': undefined method 'world'

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Mon Oct 31 00:27:13 GMT 2005

jche5167 at mail.usyd.edu.au wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have just installed Redland with Ruby bindings and taking a look at the
> example.rb.
>
> There seems to be a problem with the node.rb file within
> ruby/1.8/rdf/redland/node.rb, this problem most likely to be my stupid
> mistake but was just wondering if anyone could help, please.

It's more likely to be my terrible Ruby coding.

> When I write a file that has 'require 'rdf/redland'', it doesn't compile
> because of the error in the node.rb file. Following is the error:
>
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rdf/redland/node.rb:56:in 'node_from_hash': undefined
> method 'world' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
>
> ummm what could be wrong?

So that suggests the $world variable hasn't been initialized.  Although
I don't see that name on line 56 of the latest version of that file.

I thought I fixed something like that in the last redland bindings
release 1.0.2.1 and checking the entry for node.rb in
   http://cvs.ilrt.org/cvsweb/redland/bindings/ruby/lib/rdf/redland/
the last comment mentions something in that area.  You can download the
latest node.rb and see if that fixes it.

Probably a good idea to get the other files as well.

Are you using redland bindings 1.0.2.1?