[redland-dev] Installation problems on Mac OS X

Gregory Williams greg at evilfunhouse.com
Wed Aug 9 18:04:52 UTC 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 5:47 AM, Ingo Paulsen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some installation problems under Mac OS X 10.4.7. Raptor and
> rasqal work fine (Redland build summary) but 'make' doesn't work
> for Redland installation itself (see below). Do I you have to set
> some more options in the configuration invocation? Or is it
> mandatory to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in some way?

I had the same problem recently on OS X, and noticed that all the
Makefiles in redland were broken -- there's an extraneous "s" in the
command arguments. I also believe this was a problem compiling the
redland-bindings. Replacing

"-I/usr/local/mysql-standard-4.1.15-apple-darwin8.2.0-powerpc/include s"

with

"-I/usr/local/mysql-standard-4.1.15-apple-darwin8.2.0-powerpc/include"

in all of the Makefiles in redland (and bindings) worked for me, but
I never found the time to track down why this was happening.

thanks,
.greg

--
"Push to test. Click. Release to detonate."