[redland-dev] Installation problems on Mac OS X

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Fri Aug 11 01:45:04 UTC 2006

Gregory Williams wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2006, at 5:47 AM, Ingo Paulsen wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have some installation problems under Mac OS X 10.4.7. Raptor and
>> rasqal work fine (Redland build summary) but 'make' doesn't work for
>> Redland installation itself (see below). Do I you have to set some
>> more options in the configuration invocation? Or is it mandatory to
>> set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in some way?
>

> I had the same problem recently on OS X, and noticed that all the
> Makefiles in redland were broken -- there's an extraneous "s" in the
> command arguments. I also believe this was a problem compiling the
> redland-bindings. Replacing
>
> "-I/usr/local/mysql-standard-4.1.15-apple-darwin8.2.0-powerpc/include s"
>
> with
>
> "-I/usr/local/mysql-standard-4.1.15-apple-darwin8.2.0-powerpc/include"
>
> in all of the Makefiles in redland (and bindings) worked for me, but I
> never found the time to track down why this was happening.

That looks like it comes from the output of mysql_config --cflags
Could you paste what outpuy you get?

configure invokes it this way:
  mysql_cflags=`$MYSQL_CONFIG --cflags|sed -e "s/'//g"`
  CPPFLAGS="$LIBRDF_CPPFLAGS $mysql_cflags"

so maybe the format is different than expected.  On linux I get
$ mysql_config --cflags
-I/usr/include/mysql -DBIG_JOINS=1

I don't have mysql built on OSX.