[redland-dev] HOW build under windows?

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Wed Aug 23 13:39:20 UTC 2006

Georgios Petasis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to build redland under windows, with the ultimate goal of
> building the Tcl bindings
> for windows. So, I downloaded the redland sources (which also contain
> raptor and rasqal sources),
> and tried to build redland, by using the supplied VC++ project files (my
> VC is version 7.1).
>
> After some modifications in raptor sources (mainly the TRUE/FALSE and
> strcasecmp uses)
> I successfully built the raptor dll. Now, I want to build rasqal, but it
> seems that it
> requires librdf. To my understanding, librdf is the redland library,
> which to build I need rasqal.
> How am I supposed to build rasqal (that needs librdf) or librdf (that
> needs rasqal)?

rasqal does not require librdf, that is mostly for testing.

The dependencies are on the librdf.org home page:
Raptor
Rasqal: requires raptor
Redland/librdf: requires rasqal and raptor

> Also, are there any references on what exactly are the requirements to
> build redland?

There are a lot of optional libraries, and redland's configure system
manages that.  For windows, you have to hard code it.

> I keep downloading libraries all the time by looking at the missing
> header files :-(

Well you built raptor, that needs libxml or expat.  Can be enhanced with
curl (or required if you chose expat).

Rasqal needs raptor and can use pcre to make regex queries work.

Redland/librdf: needs raptor, rasqal.  Can use lots of things to store in
including mysql, postgresql, berkeleydb, sqlite2/3, 3store