[redland-dev] error while loading shared libraries

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Thu Dec 14 03:01:22 UTC 2006

Jagdev Bhogal wrote:
> Hi
> I have installed Raptor-1.4.13 and am trying to run the sample rdfprint
> code at
> http://search.cpan.org/src/DJBECKETT/Redland-1.0.5.3/redland/raptor/docs/html/tutorial-parser-example.html
>
> The program seems to compile ok, but I get "error while loading shared
> libraries .." please see below:
>
> This is my directory listing
> [ad893 at dotty jagdev]$ ls
> a.out  helloworld  helloworld.c  okapi  raptor.rdf  rdfprint  rdfprint.c
> This is the compile statement
> [ad893 at dotty jagdev]$ gcc -o rdfprint rdfprint.c `raptor-config
> --cflags` `raptor-config --libs`
> This is the run statement
> [ad893 at dotty jagdev]$ ./rdfprint raptor.rdf
> ./rdfprint: error while loading shared libraries: libraptor.so.1: cannot
>
> Does anyone know why this is happening and how to resolve it.
> Thanking you in advance

You probably have installed redland somewhere such that the shared
libraries are not in your default search path (usually /usr/lib).

The output of raptor-config --libs containing a '-L' line that
is not /usr/lib would indiate this.

Assuming this is linux: man ld.so and read about LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and check you have run 'ldconfig' as root, then try:

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/wherever/lib ./rdfprint raptor.rdf