[redland-dev] Concurrent updates with MySQL storage engine

Jan Algermissen jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Sat Jul 22 10:53:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

AFAIK, transactionality has not yet been added to Redland and as the
MySQL storage uses ISAM (as opposed to InnoDB) tables, so I cannot
really add it myself by simply getting hold of the connection handle.
At least not without loosing the ability to update redland with new
releases.

Does anyone know, how/if massive update concurrency[1] affects
creation of single statements? I am not concerned so much with
rollbacks, only with added statements being correct. IOW, my business
logic would not suffer from concurrency but I need to be sure the
individual statements do not get screwed up.

[1] Could be that aprox. 200 clients hit the DB at the same time and
try to remove all statements of a context and then insert several
hundred new statements in that context . No two clients would use the
same context.

Thanks for any help.

Jan