[redland-dev] PostgreSQL Version Compat

Kip Hampton khampton at totalcinema.com
Fri Jun 30 12:01:25 BST 2006

Howdy Redlanders,

We're looking to move our backend storage from MYSQL to Postgres, but
when re-running configure with the --with-postgresql flag it fails to
add postgres to the list of available storage options.

configure finds the pg_config utility just fine, but apparently craps
out when checking the headers. Here's the relevant part of config.log:

configure:23506: checking for pg_config
configure:23522: found /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
configure:23532: result: pg_config
configure:23544: checking for postgresql library
configure:23708: result: no

I looked in configure.ac to see if it was something obvious, but I
honestly didn't get far.

I'm building against a fresh install of PostgreSQL version 8.1.4 on OS X
10.4.6. Does the postgres backend expect a specific Pg version?

Any help you might offer would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
-kip